Friday, May 09, 2014

BC Bound




The Frenchman and I have packed our bags for a trip to Vancouver, BC. We're leaving on Saturday and will be gone 6 days. 

We both lived there nearly 30 years before finally making our escape to the country.

It's been over 2 years since I was last there and I have mixed feelings about going back. I know I won't like the noise and crowds, but it'll be nice to connect with friends again.  I also have a long list of places I want to go, things I want to buy, and goodies I want to eat. There's a little French bakery that will be sold out of croissants after my arrival, that's all I'm sayin'.

I've been blogging for over 8 years now (what?!?), so I thought I'd resurrect a few of my original posts and share them with you again, in my absence. I hope you enjoy them.

See you soon!

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun in Vancouver! It's one of my fave cities and has been a few years since I was last there. I want to revisit it soon too.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Safe journeys Carolynn and have a lovely visit. I hear you about the noise and crowds, my blood pressure starts to rise as soon as I hit Chilliwack when I go down to visit my Mom & Dad. Lived in Richmond most of my life but I couldn't bear to live in a city ever again. Enjoy that croissant and congratulations of 8 years of blogging!

Jen Vandervoort said...

Hey Carolynn, I can feel the excitement in your words. Have a wonderful trip, and great weather...I hear it's supposed to be a really nice weekend down there. Wave when you fly over will you?

I haven't been back for over 2 years also...lol, cant' believe it's that long. I would find it too busy, too crazy, and very green if I went back. But it would be worth it to see friends again.

Have a great trip.

Jen

TheChieftess said...

What a lovely shot! Have a fun journey!!!

Catherine said...

Travel safe my friend! See you when you get home!
xo Catherine

Sharon said...

Have a wonderful week! You will appreciate your spot in paradise that much more when you return home:)

Bobbybegood1 said...

Have a very safe and adventurous trip. Cheers!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin