Thursday, April 03, 2014

Autumn Memory



Dry Leaf
Original Watercolour Painting

Willow, Luna and I were excited to begin resuming our early morning strolls around our property earlier in the week.  I still have to bundle up in my winter clothes and my hands get too cold to hold a coffee cup, but the birds are returning and the air is fresh.  

I noticed this delicate, yet relatively untarnished leaf in the grass that's slowly being revealed with the receding snow and had an urge to paint it, so I carefully brought it inside.

That very night, winter descended once more and dropped big, fluffy snowflakes in a deep carpet once again. *sigh*

I need to sign this piece, but I'm uncertain where to put my initials without ruining the simplicity of the image. I had also considered adding some faint background colour, but decided against it for the same reason.

I so appreciate all your supportive comments.  I feel as though I've tapped into some latent element of myself that has lain buried for far too long and I'm thoroughly enjoying the discovery process.  Thanks for keeping me company on this newest leg of my journey.


Purchase my artwork here.



7 comments:

Sharon said...

This is exquisite in its simplicity. Your journey has not been simple or without risk, and I am grateful you are sharing step by step. I am paying attention ~

Grace said...

Wow!

DesertHen said...

Beautiful!

I hope spring finds you soon!

S. Etole said...

Super. Just super!

altadenahiker said...

I like your picture of the picture, too.

C-ingspots said...

I love it!

Catherine said...

This is wonderful! That would be a great design for a book cover. :)
xo Catherine

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin