Thursday, October 31, 2013

Kitty Dipping


So guess who made her first bellyflop into the hot tub the other morning...?  I scooped her up an instant later and toweled her off, but  you can tell from this photograph (taken with my phone) that she's still trying to wrap her head around what happened.

This is her second dip.  Earlier in the week, she took a flying leap from one chair to another in our living room and landed in the coffee cup I was cradling on my lap.  Fortunately, it was only hot and not scalding.

She's wicked cute and is quite the handful.  As she grows and gets better at jumping up on things, Luna is having a harder time finding places to go to get away from her.  

It's also becoming quite evident that, of all our animal companions, this one will be the counter surfer, the one begging at the table for food. She can't seem to get enough in that tummy of hers, a symptom of her days spent out in the field as a mere waif.  (Yes, we've had her dewormed).

If you partake in the festivities around All Hallow's Eve, may you have fun and stay safe.  Keep your critters indoors.



14 comments:

Grace said...

I haven't had a really young kitten in years (we adopted all of ours when they were 6 or more months old) so while I love reading about their antics I don't think I could deal with them anymore. We're too old for youngsters of any species! Such a beautiful girl tho. Enjoy!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Grace, the youngest I'd had up until Teddy's arrival was Luna and she was 2 years old when we adopted her. Teddy's a whirlwind, no doubt. She's a sweetheart though, too. I'm just grateful she sleeps through the night!

Cassie said...

How sweet, she has gotten big since I last saw her. Kittens are so full of energy.
Cheri

altadenahiker said...

The expression you captured is priceless.

Nancy said...

What a cutie pie.....She certainly sounds like she keeps you on your toes as well as all the other animals in your house....

That look on her face is worth a thousand words...

I am hoping your November is full of every blessing you can image....

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I have to chuckle because our little street-waif-cat Lucy was (and is) the same. She's the one that bounds all over the place, begs for food the other cats wouldn't dare ask for and tears around this house having what we call "prancy pants parties"... and she just turned six years old this month. I have a feeling your sweet little one is going to bring years of entertainment. And I say that with all sincerity. Being the steward of one like her, I wouldn't trade all the kitten-craziness for anything.

Beth P said...

Well she is just too darn cute for words. Yes she does have that look on her face as if to say, what the h..l was that I was just in! I can't even begin to think how hard you must have laughed, after the fact of course, when she landed in the coffee cup! OMGosh! :D
Hugs my dear friend,
Beth P

Nancy Claeys said...

Kittens and such things keep us young I believe. Adorable little girl.

Crafting Queen said...

What a super cute photo.

Eileen said...

Oh, so cute. She appears to be slightly in shock from her adventure. I bet she does it again though!

Have a great weekend!

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Counter surfer...so that's what it's called.

What's our Boots excuse?

Jen

S. Etole said...

She does look a bit bewildered.

Catherine said...

Oh my stars - poor kitty! Cats look so funny when they are wet. Haha!
xo Catherine

Sharon said...

Teddy looks totally annoyed with the whole experience! My daughter's cats are fully grown and their antics entertain Kristen daily ~ dragging socks and yarn around the house, staking out territory that the other one can't get near, tearing across any surface and displacing whatever is in the way, sitting on the back of the couch and purring in Kristen's ear while she works on her laptop.... Teddy is worth her weight in gold in love and fun.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin